This directory contains a dump of the UCSC genome annotation database
for the April 2005 Spur_0.5 freeze of the S. purpuratus genome (UCSC version
strPur1) obtained from the Baylor College of Medicine Human Genome
Files included in this directory (updated nightly):
- *.sql files: the MySQL commands used to create the tables.
To see descriptions of the tables underlying Genome Browser annotation
tracks, select the table in the Table Browser:
and click the "describe table schema" button. There is also a "view
table schema" link on the configuration page for each track.
- *.txt.gz files: the database tables in a tab-delimited format
compressed with gzip.
If you plan to download a large file or multiple files from this
directory, we recommend that you use ftp rather than downloading the
files via our website. To do so, ftp to hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu, then
go to the directory goldenPath/strPur1/database. To download multiple files,
use the "mget" command:
mget <filename1> <filename2> ...
- or -
mget -a (to download all the files in the directory)
All the annotations in this directory are freely usable for any purpose.
The Spur_0.5 data are made available before scientific publication with the
1. The data may be freely downloaded, used in analyses, and repackaged in
2. Users are free to use the data in scientific papers analyzing particular
genes and regions if the providers of these data are properly acknowledged.
Please cite the BCM-HGSC web site or publications from BCM-HGSC referring to
the genome sequence.
3. BCM HGSC plans to publish the assembly and genomic annotation of the dataset,
including large-scale identification of regions of evolutionary conservation.
4. This is in accordance with, and with the understandings in the Fort
Lauderdale meeting discussing Community Resource Projects and the resulting
NHGRI policy statement.
5. Any redistribution of the data should carry this notice.
Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at hgdownload-test.sdsc.edu Port 80